Rules of the game: Bocce.
Bocce, also known as "Pétanque", is a very popular french game.
You play on a delimited ground, and the floor is made of sand. You must throw
balls made of iron onto the ground, and try to get as close as possible to a green target,
Each player has 6 balls. The player whose ball is the closest to the target has the right
NOT to play. So his opponent must play. If the opponent gets closer from the target, the same
rule applies and the order of players is reversed.
When a ball gets out of the playing ground, it is eliminated from the game and from the scores.
When a player has thrown all his balls, the other player must throw all of his balls too, until
both players don't have any more ball.
When all balls are on the ground, the player who has the closest ball gets 1 point, plus 1 point
for each other ball closer than any other ball of his opponent. If a player has 7 points, he wins
the game. Otherwise another round is played, until one of the players gets 7 points and the victory.
A bit of strategy:
1) Observe your opponent's movements, and try to copy them while changing what was wrong. Also
remember how you played your movement and change it a bit. If you make a perfect move,
repeat the same move again and again in order to score more points.
2) There are two kinds of movements at this game: "Shoot" and "Roll". Rolling is the action of aiming
the target and throwing the ball very near to it. It is difficult because the ball rolling
on the sand doesn't go far. Shooting is the action of removing an opponent ball from the ground
by hitting it very hard. If your shoot is perfect, your ball takes the exact place of the
opponent's ball: In the south of France, they call this a "carreau", and if you do that, you
will get a free "pastaga" :)
3) It's always better to be before the target than behind the target. It is more difficult
for the opponent to roll and he will have to shoot your ball first.
How to play?
When it's your turn to play, you must use 5 controls.
1. Move initial position inside the starting box to get a good angle.
2. Select the direction of the move.
3. Select the height of your movement. Put the cursor down to roll, and put it on the top
to shoot. This is very tricky so be careful.
4. Select the strength of your shot. If you plan to roll on the ground, shoot very hard.
But if you want to throw your ball in the air, don't shoot too hard.
5. Click the button when your movement is prepared.
This game is difficult at the begining. But once you have played it a few times, it will
be more funny.
Remember you can set the clock parameters in the game options.